i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried
korbin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
Death was part of life. But that was also why Korbin no longer saw a reason to keep going. Let the end come for him too. It was going to anyway, so why drag it out? Why wait, why put it off? He just wanted to go home to his family. In this cold, broken wasteland, the fires no longer sufficed to keep him warm.

He had loved Halo. The white expanse  the blue sky, the icy wind. It's harshness, the strength it took to survive. But now it had broken him.  Korbin never fit in here, never truly belonged. He was no real fighter, no real hunter. He would rather raise and care for animals than kill and butcher them, would rather heal people than hurt them. He had dreamed bitter fantasies of music and art, but Halo would never have room for his kind of soft bleeding heart.

Truth was, Korbin was as much an outsider here as any outlander. He had no place. No role to fill. Weaver was his anchor but it had been cut loose and set him adrift on a sea of ice, lost.

More lost than he could ever explain.

Finally, the raven had enough. The quiet stare of the reindeer frayed on his patience until nothing remained. Shuffling out from the other birds, Korbin spread his wings and took off, darting out from the aviary and off over the rooftops of the Citadel.

He would not return to this place anytime soon.

--‐------------
- FIN
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried - by Korbin - 06-04-2020, 11:48 PM