will you hold me when the curtains close?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
there's a great unknown from you to me
& when your prayer's unheard and you don't believe
Somehow, the idea of telling people other than Sunjata hadn't crossed Nate's mind, hadn't penetrated his mental haze. It leaves him far less prepared for this moment than he'd thought he'd be, staring up at Clem with a roar in his ears. At least the other takes his hand, Nate pulling the smaller man in close, arms wrapping around him and his head held high, to spare Clem the shock of looking at his face longer than necessary.

It takes Nate a long time to answer the shaking question, his mind chugging slowly, while his hand rubs a smooth circle along the younger ascended's back automatically, trying to offer comfort however he could. "I... was attacked." He settles on finally, still sounding a little unsure. Attacked made it sound planned, premeditated, but he couldn't fathom a reason for it. "A girl pretended to uh... to be injured, and when I went to help her..." A shudder runs through his hands, the briefest memory of the pain flashing through his mind.

"I'm okay." He murmurs, squeezing Clem tight. Nate had no idea what else to say, not matter how intimately he knew the other's pain. To see your family suffering, in pain, and to be completely helpless in the face of it is awful, and he's just as lost on this side of it. "I'm going to see the Voice, and she's going to fix me up. Right?" No matter how he tried, the last word came out more of a plea and less of a reassurance.
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see

Messages In This Thread
RE: will you hold me when the curtains close? - by Nate - 06-13-2020, 05:56 AM