will you hold me when the curtains close?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
there's a great unknown from you to me
& when your prayer's unheard and you don't believe
The apology breaks something in Nate, coming from the last person who should be offering it, from someone who he wants to protect. How is he supposed to protect anyone like this? Hands tighten around Clemente, squeezing him as tightly as Nate can muster, like if he simply held the younger for long enough, he could stop the darkness of the world from really touching him.

It's a nice thought. But it doesn't work that way, not with the reminder carved into his face.

"I don't know why." Nate says softly, wishing he had something more to offer, wishing he had the answer himself. "There was a girl, and she was... no, she pretended to be injured. And I went to help her." And she had screamed, even now the sound just a blur in Nate's ears, though he knew it had been words in the moment. He shakes his head, trying to clear it. "Her blade must have been heated, or magic, or something."

Clem tries to rise, to pull away, and it only tightens Nate's arms around him, refusing to let him move. "Not a kid. Someone a lot more dangerous." Though he tries for stern, there's a tremble in in his voice that betrays a fear, beneath every tough facade he tries. "Sunjata is looking for her. He'll find her, and he'll take care of it."
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see

Messages In This Thread
RE: will you hold me when the curtains close? - by Nate - 06-16-2020, 06:50 AM