will you hold me when the curtains close?
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
After asking such a monumental question, it's all Clem can do to nod at Nate's clarifying inquiry. Terrified even now of rejection, of mockery and cruelty though Nate has never exhibited it before. Too badly burned by years of getting kicked off stoops and out of shops, chased out of libraries and alleyways. No better than a mangy dog in the eyes of most living souls. And just like that mangy dog, he lights up all the same the instant kindness is extended, that his place is solidified in this family he never anticipated finding. His smile is wide and bright, transforming his face into the childish crinkle of euphoria that wipes away the weight Clemente carries with him everywhere. It fills his chest with soap bubbles, until he's sure they'll come pouring up his throat and out from between his lips in a swathe of ephemeral joy.

For Clem, there's no worries to be had about the Temple. He is still so young, his trust in those he has latched onto as strong as his disdain and wariness of those he hasn't. All he knows is that Rexanna and Bastien will be there, and to him that is an assurance of safety. Like a child with their mind full of fairy tales, family to Clem is an impenetrable shield, a fortress that keeps him safe from all evil and wrongdoing. His faith alone quiets any anxieties another may have felt over LongNight. Leaving him only to coast on the golden feeling of acceptance and love that Nate has inspired in him with a handful of words.

The sternness is comedy more than command to Clem, who laughs brightly and grins impishly back at Nate. "I'll tell her, ya big worry wart." Then he leans back in, clinging close for a moment, stealing what comfort he can in the dwindling hours that remain available to them. "I love ya. I'll see ya soon, okay?" Love exudes from every pore, flaxen eyes alight with purpose and affection as he reluctantly pulls away and gangly limbs search for the floor from stop the bed. He squeezes Nate's hands, reluctant to let go of this physicality he has so missed from his life. Their fingers part in one last goodbye, and Clem bounces back out of the room with a smile. Heading out into the fading sunlight with a mission in mind and Nate's love like a cloak of protection over his shoulders.

- FIN
Your mother started drinking like the whole world died
And You've been waiting for a miracle all your life

Messages In This Thread
RE: will you hold me when the curtains close? - by Clemente - 06-26-2020, 08:16 PM