[SEASONAL EVENT] [OPEN] Full Bellies, Warm Hearts
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Vai's blue eyes narrowed at the sight of the bear so blatantly ignoring her warning, and even though her husband's grin - when he appeared - was hidden around a mass of goose feathers, she knew it was there. There was no resistance from her as he relieved her of the rabbits, though her eyes flicked skyward momentarily so she could check for more game. None yet - they had likely spooked the flock for a while. Still, there might be more rabbits, or even a pheasant around. No sooner had she returned her gaze to Devrum, he was waxing poetic about their first meeting in his wonderfully gruff way, and she matched his smile with one of her own.

"And you made no mistake about your intentions. I still remember the look on those guards' faces," she remarked, reaching out to pull the arrow from the goose with a swift tug before he strung it up with the rabbits. A quick examination proved it was still workable, so she nocked it a second time and began to stroll through the snow with the bear.

"Mm... you can say that again." Vai sighed softly, tucking a lock of hair behind her ears and frowning. "You spoke to her?" Yes, obviously. But she still wanted to hear it from him. At his compliment, so haltingly given and with no small amount of awkwardness, Vai shot him a grin, nudging him lightly as they walked (she had as much hope of moving him even an inch as she would a brick wall, but still). "You are a marked improvement to that first day," she said playfully. "Fewer guards, no bars. More scars, though."

Briefly she glanced at the scar she knew lay across his throat, and her chest tightened before she forced herself to breathe through the tension. Bigger game up ahead would need all their concentration. "A deer, do you think?"

The look she shot him at even the hint of a compliment to Remi was nothing short of disbelieving, though she was laughing too as Devrum explained. "He is important to me," she said simply. "He's only a kid, even if he acts grown up. You're a good father figure."

As for how she was doing, Vervain shrugged. "I can't complain. I've not been sleeping well lately, and I wasn't well this morning but... winter." She shrugged. "Illness is common. How are you, though? Behaving?"

vervain
I am always on your side

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] [OPEN] Full Bellies, Warm Hearts - by Vervain - 01-09-2019, 06:09 PM