Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DEVRUM
'Spoke to her?'

Devrum only assumed Vervain meant Ashetta. He hesitated slightly as they walked, the snow crunching an oddly comfortable crunch beneath his thick, booted feet.

"In a way...she's lost herself in a way she ain't looking to be saved. I know that look, I had that look before."

Before Vervain had entered his life, Devrum was content with the knowledge that he would eventually die. Paying the price for the broken life that was forced upon him. There was nothing to lose, no one to mourn him...than everything changed the moment that brilliant, dimpled, freckled smile greeted him.

Perhaps it wasn't her intention, but Vervain had plunged her hand into the chest of the beast and pulled the man that had been imprisoned within for so long, he forgot he was still someone worth saving.

She saved his life, and Devrum would dedicate his own for her.

"Smelled someone on her...stench of death...she ain't foolin' anyone. She's in trouble, whether she sees it or not. Trouble of losing herself to something or someone that'll bring down a path there ain't no coming back from."

The less spoken of Devrum's encounter with Ashetta the better. It was her mother that spared her life that night, Devrum knew that much.

"I'd say we do something, but it'll only push her further down. She's willing to lose everyone that loved her for a misguided purpose issued by a broken mind."

The grit in his teeth, and growling huff of steam that puffed from his knows did little to mask Devrum's frustrations.

"Just got to hope she sees it for herself before it's too late...tell you one thing...I find the source of that scent and I'll put an end to this. I can deal with her hating me if she's a live and well. Better than dying foolish and broken."

His eyes fluttered into a more feral shape as his nose began to twitch again.

When he next spoke, his voice wasn't his own, but more deep...gutteral...the beast was lured by the scent of fresh me.

"Mmmm...yes...correct, Deer. Fresh. Aged...two years if that."

Rolling his shoulders, his body mass filled out more. The hairs along his arms, beard and head became fuller, untamed as his steps grew heavier.

"Scars tell a story...recent chapters written by you it seems."

He teased in the beastly voice with a grin though he kept his eyes and nose forward. Vervain had a habit of scraping her nails along his body. It wasn't uncommon for one to bleed in one form or another during their lively escapades.

His torso, among other scars, was painted by nail and teeth markings from the powerful huntress. Scars he proudly spoke of to any who listened...maybe Remi would enjoy a tale or two.

"Keeping busy, keeps it busy...as long as its busy, we're behaving."

Devrum mused with a turn and wink to Vai. Before looking her over at the mention of illness. His eyes squinting as he tilted his head, walking over to her as he placed a hand against Vai's forehead, than to the sides of her neck gently.

"Ain't a fever...that's all I need to know. Best to see Isla maybe, get looked at."

Fingers curled over Vai's cheek, thumb gently running against her smile lines at the corner of her lips.

"Just for precaution...humor me."

He growled softly with a smile. He had lost his father to a fever, he would not lose his wife to another sickness, that much was certain.

His eyes swirled at the scent once again as he turned his head with a low rumbling growl heard building.

"We're close..."

As they rounded a clearing, Devrum gave a jagged toothed smile at the sight of the creature. One of the few pleasant tasting pieces of meat.

"Make you a deal...claim that deer before I get to it, and I'll leave enough to salvage."

A monstrous playful tone could be heard as he shifted into the large black bear as he lumbered toward the deer with its large paws creating puffs of snow launching from his feet.

He was of course teasing...though he would feel infinitely more amused to know he outran the huntress' bow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] [OPEN] Full Bellies, Warm Hearts - by Devrum - 01-13-2019, 08:02 PM