to live, to die and then to live
For Ru
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
She can't blame him for the what if's, for the maybes that surely take roost in his mind like an infestation of weakness and grief. How many times has she felt the same? How many children had she lost, leaving her crippled in her mourning, wondering if her presence could have made a difference in their fates? At least her beloveds had left of their own accord, taking her tired heart with her. At least Azrael is still alive. These are things she can praise, even in the oppressive darkness of Rexanna's loss. These are the things that give her the strength to cling back to Bastien as he pulls her close.

"It's an emptiness that nothing can truly fill. But with all pain, it numbs with time, even if it never heals." Just as calm and understanding as the man tucked against her. All too aware of how it feels, the abyss he must be staring into. One she can share in so many ways. "No parent is ever ready, not wholly. Even the most meticulously planned life is disrupted by a child's soul." Again she traces the cherubic cheek, eyes soft and full of love that hurts all the more with how Rexanna cannot be here to impart it instead. "We all fail our children. It is the curse of parenthood. All we can strive to do...is love them, every day, and never let them forget it." Her brow creases with pain, tucking her forehead to Bastien's shoulder and holding the two remaining members of her extended family close to her breast. "I have lost so many of my own children. I have lost my own parents. I can swear to you, Bastien, that your love alone is all they will need to get through this." And Hotaru is sure that in that way, Bastien will not fail. And she will be there to guide him however she can.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
to live, to die and then to live - by Bastien - 06-17-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Hotaru - 06-23-2020, 02:05 AM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Bastien - 06-23-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Hotaru - 07-01-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Bastien - 07-01-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Hotaru - 07-02-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Bastien - 07-03-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Hotaru - 07-17-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: to live, to die and then to live - by Bastien - 07-19-2020, 05:56 PM