further from my home, the more i wish it
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
we used to play outside when we were young & full of life & full of love
"Ain't my fault if people decide t'sit at th'end of a dock after I jumped off'a it." You tease back lightly, feigning indignation, arms over your chest. "What's a fella s'posed t'do, stay in the water an' shrivel up like a damn raisin?"

You don't not notice Sam undressing, but you don't comment on it, either. You're genuinely curious to see how many layers he's got on - more than you've ever worn in your life, that's for damn sure - and you're also miraculously tactful enough to figure that he's probably already quite self-conscious about stripping down at all.

So you continue with your lesson, nodding approval of his understanding. "Aite. Third rule, never turn yer back on th'ocean. You may think she's calm but she's a right fickle mistress. Sneaker wave can snatch ya by the ankles any time, or the wind can pick up. Always gotta show her the respect she deserves." You nod sagely at this last bit. It's serious, and important, and you want to make sure he understands.

"An' finally- have fun, an' never push yerself t'be too uncomfortable. If you don't wanna go out into deeper water, don't. If you don't feel safe, get back to shore. End'a the day swimmin' is for pleasure, an' should be a safe activity." This might be the most fatherly advice you have ever given. It also might be the most hypocritical.
zephyr

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Zephyr - 06-25-2020, 08:29 PM