further from my home, the more i wish it
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
"..Thank you." Sam said quietly with a soft laugh, happier in that moment than he remembered being in years. With Zeph next to him and the ocean below his body holding him up, it felt like a dream, something he would have come up with in his teen years to get him through the days.

The harsh wording that Zeph gave towards his father drew a shocked, amused gasp from Sam, the thrill of talking out so aggressively towards the man that had once dominated his life still there in his heart: he wondered if it would ever leave, if he could ever entirely put the past away. It was clear that Zeph's past still haunted the man every day: Sam looked over to see the firelight reflecting in his sad eyes and wondered how often the memories of lost wife and child came back to haunt his friend.

If they'd ever stop.

"Well....wh-whatever was right, I kno..know he must have lov-loved you." He said, gently reaching out to touch Zeph's shoulder (wobbling a little in the water, but staying floating); he had no doubt in his heart that he had done the best for his child. While all that was true, Sam could feel the mood of this happy evening very quickly evaporating and with a small smile on his face, added: "...Even...even if yo-you don't wash di..dishes very well."

Hopefully he was close enough to Zeph now that they could laugh together even in the difficult conversations.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Samuel - 06-27-2020, 09:30 PM