further from my home, the more i wish it
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
It was good to hear Zeph say something positive, even better to hear him laugh at the joke; Sam grinned and flipped up in the water. "I-I'm a bachelor too and I kn...know how to w-wash a dish!" He insisted, though admittedly he didn't have to do it often, given that blood or fluid didn't usually come served like gourmet food.

He was quite content to float in the dark and silence with Zeph, just enjoy the moment; as the nickname he had so quickly grown used to was mentioned he looked over with a 'hm?', not expecting anything like what Zeph was about to say. When it did come Sam almost didn't know what to say, felt his mouth open but nothing come out: somewhere, deep in his soul, something was mended, but he didn't know how to express it.

Blinking back tears (he'd gotten much better at stopping them from falling recently) he let out a shaky, but happy breath and went to momentarily hold Zeph's hand, cover it with his other, before he said, as steadily and sincerely as he could: "Thank you. Tha..that means a lot to me."

All in all, it had been an amazing night. Swimming back to the sandy shore, Sam really didn't want it to be over - he dared to hope though, that with his plans to stay in Torchline longer, that he might find another night like it in the future.

{FIN}
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Samuel - 06-27-2020, 10:50 PM