Heavy are the Shoulders
For Mallorie
Mallorie Woodbourne
Deepfrost Shield

Age: 42 | Height: 5'5/169cm | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Dutch Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I'm not the only one
Who finds it hard to understand
Morgan’s tone made Mallorie feel a little more sure of her Warden’s right to the role - acknowledging the difficulties of her position without begrudging the people she pledged to lead. It was...endearingly human.

“I’m sorry I woke you, you really don’t have to help.” Even as she said it, she knew it was pointless; Morgan was up and moving before her words could make an impact.

It was...strange. Being told that her new, strange ability was useful, without being chided like a child. As if magic here was a tool. As if learning how to use it wasn’t restricted to childhood. Mallorie felt a little less self-conscious about it, though she couldn’t say she felt…good about the development.

But that seemed a little ungrateful, so she didn’t voice that thought.

“That makes sense, I suppose. You have an abundance to work from here.” She agreed. “And that’s true, I just...don’t know where to start, really.”

Mallorie followed her through the archways, impressed by the academy’s size, even if she didn’t trust the building itself. The door before her seemed ominous by virtue of what she imagined lay beyond it. The promise of knowledge.  She took a breath and gently clasped her hands behind her back, putting voice to the niggling little query that sat in her chest from the moment she found herself able to curl leaves and shake soil.

“I have a question, if you don’t mind.” She said, before shooting a furtive look up and down their surroundings.

“I understand people with magic don’t have the best reputation here. Is that right?”
I'm not afraid of God
I am afraid of Man
MALLORIE
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
Heavy are the Shoulders - by Morgan - 06-19-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Mallorie - 06-20-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Morgan - 06-20-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Mallorie - 06-21-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Morgan - 06-21-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Mallorie - 06-23-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Heavy are the Shoulders - by Morgan - 06-24-2020, 10:32 PM