it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of -
open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
“What I’m hearing - and correct me if I’m wrong - is that we should let this attack slide without retaliation because of the… potential repercussions?” The world is different now, there are pieces moving, so much has changed since the last ‘big’ move by either side. Torchline is focused inward, or so it seems. Halo has gone through two Wardens and has a lot of work to do. Now the Ground has a new Queen. No one is aligned. Things will take time to get into place and the Wraith need not wait.

“Nothing I do can bring them back. And we have no central place to call our own and banish them from. So how do we tell them that this kind of thing will not be tolerated? What is just enough to be appropriate?” Even the fact that what she does - if she does anything - won’t have lasting damage means that it’s weak, in her book. Regardless of what she truly thinks and wants, the Wraith lays the questions out, plain and simple, trying to guide and coax the girl’s mind into making connections and saying exactly what she means. If Mabel must work it out mid-speech, then so be it, but none of these half-formed, subtle questions.

“The thing is that they aren’t ready for a war either. No one is.” But if they begin to think a certain way, perhaps they can get the advantage. Perhaps.

As for the children, well - Wessex’s mouth presses into a thin line. “Only the Ascended are my responsibility and my concern. I can tell you that The Voice wants to help people and improve their lives, so doing anything to hurt the general public would be counter-productive.” The Blight still doesn’t make sense to her, but perhaps that was three hundred years of pent up rage getting released. She shakes her head. “But Clem was innocent, too, just a little older than you.” His only fault was wanting to impress Wessex and be an important part of the family.

“And so were our people, when they put us in this barrier. So I can promise that I will fight for their right to choose to live wherever and do whatever they want, so long as they don’t harm us. Truly, she doesn’t care if the Fae want to hide away in their woods, if Amalia wants to hate Ascended, or if Morgan wants to keep an eye on them for whatever paranoid reason. But the moment they begin to hunt and restrict and try to hurt them - that’s when they have a big problem. She would rather keep peace in the world through mutual respect and admiration, but if fear is what ultimately does it, then so be it.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of - - by Wessex - 06-28-2020, 10:00 PM