it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of -
open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
“Mabel,” she begins with an exasperated sigh, “What do you think I’m going to do? Exactly.” She’d mentioned two things, neither of which had garnered approval or disapproval, not that she’d ever been asking for it. The way the girl’s hands clench her knitting needles don’t go unnoticed, and the Wraith puts her own out, palms up, offering them to the teenager in a sort of comfort-slash-peace offering kind of way. She must remember that they’re still teenagers, not adults. Old enough to decide, but not old enough to think as rationally.

“Look,” she begins. “You have to be direct with me. I don’t understand subtle very well, I never have. If you’re afraid or worried, tell me that and why. If you don’t like an idea, tell me that and why. Offer an alternative if you can. I think there’s been a miscommunication somewhere, and I think I know where. Your idea of starting small is a good one, and in my mind, hitting Safrin’s shrine is small. It’s an emotional strike. It can be disguised as a monster’s attack and the thing itself can be rebuilt.”

Giving the girl a good look, she asks quietly, “I know you don’t know me very well, but do you really think I’d be that callous about my family? What you see is just the tip of what goes on inside my head, my heart, and in conversation with the Voice.” And maybe that was part of the problem, that she keeps so much inside herself, that she takes on whole burdens by herself. She’s begun to delegate with Amun, but perhaps she needs to employ the others more. Try to… let go of some of her control issues.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of - - by Wessex - 06-29-2020, 01:51 PM