it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of -
open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
Bring them to war? Oh - Oh no, - she shakes her head again. “No, I meant -”

Seeing as Mabel hadn’t taken her hand, she brings them both up to her head, really quite tired of fighting with girls all the time. What is about her that spurns such animosity? A purposeful misunderstanding on their part, a misguided attempt at treating them adults and trying to find a maternal balance on her part? There’ll be time for that kind of contemplation later, for now, she must try to right this. “I meant that the door attack, I see it signaling a change in the heralds’ tactics. A shift from just hating us to actually doing something to kill us.”

Ludo’s orders last year had felt like a way for them to feel the situation out, see if there were people willing to do the dirty work. Now she sees the same thing, a trickery, playing on people’s sense of trust. “And when people look back, they might see that door as the beginning of it. If it comes to war.” Pausing, the Wraith is quite solemn, for she can imagine the many ways a true war will go. “I don’t want it to come to that, but I -we - can’t be in denial.” It’s dangerous for them to stick their heads in the sand and pretend shit isn’t happening.  

“You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. You don’t have to fight the way I do.” That is the damned truth; if she wants to, all the better, but the Wraith will never though the admins might that she has to do something that she doesn’t feel ready for. “And even if you wanted to fight, I would try to discourage you if I thought you weren’t ready.” Because the girl is right, they aren’t, not right now. So she shrugs right back, “And I don’t know you, either. But I’m trying to, so do me a favor and remember that I’m not perfect.” She can be impetuous and ignorant and sanctimonious all she wants, but at the end of the day, the Wraith is in her corner.

“But I care, and I want us to do more than live. I want us to thrive.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of - - by Wessex - 06-30-2020, 07:40 PM