closer than a friend, I can be your enemy
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There was an inordinate amount of running into even for a town this small. But even if it had been coincidence, it did not excuse the meddling. "Then why is it so hard for you to accept a no? I never asked for friends. I have said I want to be alone. Why can't you accept that? Why do I have to become angry before you even take me seriously?" For all the frustration in Korbin's tone, he was genuinely listening for an answer this time.

Why did these people insist on butting in where they clearly were not welcome? If he was dangerous to anyone except himself then it was only because they pushed him beyond his limits. He had never been violent before, never lashed out to this extent. Surly, moody, even rude, yes but not like this.

"You shouldn't care because you don't know me. You barely knew my sister. This is not your home or your people, so why should you give a damn? The only concievble reason I can think of for you to get involved in my life is precisely because we slept together, and.. no. That shouldn't be enough. I couldn't possibly matter enough to anyone after only a few drinks and a single night."

He shook his head, clearly not seeing it. Her reasons, whatever they were, lay beyond Korbin's understanding. This wasn't her home or community, his existence did not alter hers, it was just... another life in the periphery. One that didn't matter.

"But it is about me. My loss, my grief, my decision on what to do with my life. No one should have a right to interfere with that, but you do anyway. Maybe I would have been fine if you only stayed away and let me do as I wished. Did you ever consider that your presence actually make things worse?"

Korbin didn't try to pursue her again. Clearly she was done with the hitting, and he was a bit disappointed about that. It had been satisfying, in a way. A familiar kind of pain that would eventually fade. Maybe the only one that ever would.
In loving memory of when I gave a shit
KORBIN
HALE

Messages In This Thread
RE: closer than a friend, I can be your enemy - by Korbin - 06-24-2020, 01:29 AM