closer than a friend, I can be your enemy
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ah, see? Another failure to answer a very basic question. Korbin was growing more tired of this as time wore on, because Kiada clearly wouldn't listen and if she even tried to communicate rather than berate it was lost on Korbin.

He flinched at the implication that he didn't care about his own people. That blow was low, and made his eyes flash all over again. "I cared enough for them to put their needs over Weaver's safety, and now she's dead because I didn't stay where I should have been. By her side. Forgive me if I don't consider them my top priority right now; it's not like any of them actually need me for anything that can't be done by anyone else."

That too seemed to be a sore spot. As Kiada went ranting on, something Loren had said before came to mind. "You don't get to decide who I care about." But he should get to decide who he accepted help from, and whether he wanted it or not.

"For the last fucking time, I don't need to be rescued!" Korbin growled through gritted teeth. "If I wanted your help I would have asked for it! But I don't know you, I don't trust you and I don't need you. If this will finally get you to leave me alone then it's not a second too soon!"

The hybris of these people really never ceased to astound him. Did the really think she could simply waltz in and claim a place of heartfelt care and trust in someone's life just like that? "I am too fucking tired of losing the people I love to let anyone come that close again. If Weaver has anything at all to say, she gets to start with a sorry for adding herself to that list."

Going after the ursur alone had been fucking stupid, and not bringing him along - or anyone else - to watch her back was stupid too. Now Korbin had been left alone, the pact broken, all promises undone, his world upturned... and this girl had the gall to stand there and call him selfish for struggling. "You say you understand what I'm going through, but I don't think you even tried. If you really did get it, then you of all people should know when to back off."
In loving memory of when I gave a shit
KORBIN
HALE

Messages In This Thread
RE: closer than a friend, I can be your enemy - by Korbin - 06-24-2020, 08:05 AM