closer than a friend, I can be your enemy
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Keep them away from me and I won't have a reason to threaten anyone."

It really was just that. Talk. Words, that ultimately meant nothing. If she didn't want to listen then he couldn't make her, and Korbin would believe that Kiada really would stay away when she proved it. As far as he was concerned, she just gave him exactly what he had been asking for from the start, and acted like it was some kind of punishment.

He watched her back as she turned and stalked off. The goodbye seemed malplaced after all the traded insults, and he couldn't determine if she was still angry or actually upset. Strangely enough, it gave him no satisfaction to have things end this way. She had been one of few people he actually got along with, but somewhere between being stood up (could it even be called that, when he hadn't thought to pursue her again?) and his breakdown in the ruins of his house, everything had gone awry.

"I don't hate you. Or Chulane," he called after her. Not sure why. "You just can't help me here. And I have nothing left to give... except possibly the benefit of doubt. If you're really not everything I fear, then... I'll apologize. But words won't cut it to prove that."

He shrugged. Tucked his hands back into their pockets and started to turn away. Somehow he doubted that either of the two would care to even try.

---------

- Fin
In loving memory of when I gave a shit
KORBIN
HALE

Messages In This Thread
RE: closer than a friend, I can be your enemy - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 07:17 PM