what once was lost, shall again be mine?
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
DELPHINE
Delphine watched the god, listening as it stated her heart thought different. Her features drift, aimlessly as she tracked the god, confusion on her face. When it confirmed there was no way to bring them back, she chewed her lip.

"I was afraid? Afraid that maybe they would... come back and I would still be the same person, because I don't think they liked me." She paused, when asked why she buried them in a cave.

"It was... home? I didn't know where else to put them," she admitted, quietly. The cave had been the only home the girls' knew, because isolation had been their only friend.

When Ludo stated that she is deluded, her lips twitch into a small frown, and she inquired, honestly, "Is it wrong to be a dreamer? I've always liked feeling like I'm flying, while my feet are on the ground. Though I think it'd be fun to really fly," she added, off-topic momentarily. Before Noah, Delphine searched for that feeling with drugs. She had not yet found that high without the drugs but... she had not stopped looking. She had believed that... maybe her children could give her that high.

After a second, she reiterated: "So there's no way to bring them back." It isn't a question, but a statement, an attempt to believe what the herald is saying. A brief pause, and she fixed her gaze on the mask in the mess of rags: "So what can you do?"
What's that thing they say about a rose by any other name?
Dandelion, dandelion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: what once was lost, shall again be mine? - by Delphine - 07-16-2020, 02:16 PM