raindrops keep falling on my head
for Nerissa
Nerissa Marinos
Smuggler

Age: 39 | Height: 155cm | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 12 - Int:
SCYLLA - Regular - Chain Catshark
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Nerissa
once upon a time my world was big
and full of monsters
It took everything Nerissa had to not sigh, to not raise a hand to rub at her forehead. This is precisely why she had never entertained the idea of children. Even when she thought she was clear, beyond misunderstanding, she was proven wrong. It was a trait she would be unable to abide in anyone she had to deal with more often. "I suppose the spirit at the shrine simply sensed that you were unworthy of whatever it was you were going to ask for." There was no longer any attempt made to soften her words, to feign haughty aloofness. If she needed to be sharp for her point to be understood, then so be it.

A stern disappointment still clung to Nerissa's face, and it managed to settle into her tone again. "Good. Perhaps you will have learned the skill by the time you are meant to take over." If they ever reached that point. Maru was still in good health, and much could happen between now, and his eventual abdication. In her deepest dreams, Nerissa imagined a crown on her head, a return to bloody glory unlike anything the mer had seen in centuries. More likely though, she would live to see the princess before her take over.

"Perhaps you should return home." If not for her tone from earlier, this would seem almost caring. As it was, Nerissa simply sounded done with the conversation. She had more important things to pursue, and she had wasted more than enough time with the pitiable princess. Without waiting for an answer, she swim past the younger mermaid, dark tentacles curling to reveal hidden spikes beneath them as she disappeared into the distance.

Done~
but now the world is small,
and I am the monster

Messages In This Thread
raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 07-02-2020, 12:29 AM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 07-03-2020, 05:24 AM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 07-06-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 07-10-2020, 11:46 PM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 07-17-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Delta - 08-10-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: raindrops keep falling on my head - by Nerissa - 08-14-2020, 05:18 AM