butterknife what a life anyway (o)
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
But what does it take to break you, to awake you?
To make you bow and spit it out?
The raven listened quietly as her tale unfolded. A simple story of childhood dreams, of reality and bittersweet irony. She must have found her wings, to say such a thing. Korbin absently tried to guess what manner of creature she could shift into now. Something golden, no doubt. He tried to imagine a bird with sunfire wings, full of life and joy... It rhymed poorly with the melancholy mood though.

"My mother, sister and brother were all mages," he told her in return. "Only dad and I were different. I used to watch them make fire dance in the hearth, bring flowers to bloom in the snow, and it was all i wanted, to be like them. I was maybe... five, or six years old when I ran away from home at night. Don't quite remember why... but probably because of some story of magic and adventures. But I didn't get further than the shrine. I remember falling asleep there, surrounded by a thousand burning candles, and I remember a voice speaking to me. Asking if I would like to change."

Korbin rubbed the back of his neck thoughtfully as he gazed ahead, eyes unfocused. "I flew home that time. And my family were quite surprised to find a raven in my bed in the morning. It was nice, finally I was special too... But I still wasn't really like them. Never was. And now... I never will be."

His hand dropped limply to the side. While his face looked passive for the most part, there was a muscle working in his jaw, a tension of barely shouldered pain growing about him. Deep breaths kept it from overflowing, but Korbin's gaze remained far away.
Doesn't matter if I hate you or embrace you
Nothing makes you turn around

Messages In This Thread
butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 03:44 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:11 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:55 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 01:18 PM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Korbin - 07-02-2020, 01:50 PM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 08:15 PM