Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
There was something very gratifying indeed in Zeph's reaction to finding out Nate had hit him; Sam had not even really expected it to be that noticeable in the midst of the rest of the story, especially as Nate certainly had violent tendencies as a hobby. "Oh...um, well, I don't feel pain anymore, so it wasn't too bad, though I'm not sure he knew that." Meaning Nate probably wanted him to feel it - he wouldn't be surprised.

"Do you...have history with Nate?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. The muttering of fucker had seemed a little too intense for a casual dislike. As far as he knew, Zeph and Nate had never even met.

Zeph tugged on his shoulder and he willing turned to look at him. This time the reaction was again gratifying, but in a very different way; Sam was used to every choice leading to him being rejected, to people valuing their own ideologies over his safety. Zeph's selflessness, his kindness...without thinking much about it, Sam leaned in to hug the other man tight, his face buried in against his shoulder. "Thank you. I was so worried you'd think I was weak or that you'd hate me now. I'm so used to that."
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-05-2020, 11:01 PM