[SE] the common cold
Mallorie Woodbourne
Deepfrost Shield

Age: 42 | Height: 5'5/169cm | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Dutch Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Come leaders, come you men of great, let us hear you pontificate.
The portal that brought Mallorie to this world was...an experience. Though she supposed it made sense that travelling within one world would be less taxing than travelling between two. She considered Morgan’s words in quiet contemplation, shovelling the snow between thoughts.

She’d made another small mound of the stuff when she finally had more words.

“I think…” Mallorie rubbed the back of her neck, exhaled, then continued. “I’m being a bit superstitious, I suppose. This still feels too new to be home.”

She started on another pile, shooting Morgan a sidelong look as she did.

“Magic as I understand it is largely built on exploding things.”

It was a joke, mostly. She didn’t laugh, but let her lips twitch a little. In all truth, she was mostly just reticent to involve other people in the process. She trusted Morgan, a scant handful of others. Some unnamed stranger getting involved though?

Malloried sniffed, only half from exertion.

Morgan’s question gave her pause; fingers flexing, red with chill, around the shovel in her grip. Mallorie thought of Adam’s body, lost to the snow, and wondered how to explain the need to know that at least some part of his life here was happy perhaps. A desire to know that he didn’t suffer any more than anything he inflicted upon himself.

“Dull makes a change from Halo,” she said, carefully, “maybe I’m seeking a holiday.”

Or she's being sentimental.
MALLORIE

Messages In This Thread
[SE] the common cold - by Morgan - 07-05-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Mallorie - 07-08-2020, 09:05 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Morgan - 07-10-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Mallorie - 07-20-2020, 05:20 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Morgan - 07-20-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Mallorie - 07-23-2020, 04:29 PM
RE: [SE] the common cold - by Morgan - 07-24-2020, 07:12 PM