Training the wolves will always call you back
For Nate!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
Why you don't got any questions?
How you know that this is real?
Really, he should know by now, should take control of the narrative before questions can be asked, before he has to scramble to find a better way to explain the situation. And since there really was no good way to explain their idiocy, to describe what events led to the ascended counting the Ark's captain among named enemies, he was forced to stick with the truth. Most of it. "Sunjata... had an accident involving uh," Nate snaps his fingers a few times, trying to bring the name to mind, though there was no good reason for it to have left, "Zeph. So Jack took a pound from him, and went... too far, in my opinion." Any injury to his fiance would be too far, as far as Nate was concerned, but that wasn't where the story ended. "So I went and got some payback, and that is why we were left in the tunnels." Some part of him howls that this is a gross oversimplification, but... no, that is almost exactly what happened, almost exactly how it had happened.

Jack is like a cartoon villain compared to his attacker though, despite the greater presence of the captain. It is at least a rivalry that Nate is familiar with, that he can understand. People attacking from the shadows, and melting back into them, that's not something he's ever had to deal with before. "No. I'm going to keep my ear to the ground, and I'm going to be safe." If it wasn't for the the touch of fear that shivers through him, he'd roll his eyes at the words leaving his mouth. "I want to know who it was, but I want to stay far away from her."

Surprising though it might be, talk of her leaving, her upcoming adventure on the waves is lighter. Nate matches the grin that spreads across Melita's face, hiding his fear, his worries behind a familiar mask. "You're right, there's too much to worry about back here at home." A hand claps against his face, as if the thought has only just occurred to him, though it's clearly a joke. "If I'm not jealous when you come back, you're not spending your time on a boat right, kiddo." He's not going to not worry, though he at least manages to keep it tempered, to keep it quiet. No point in burdening Mel before she sets off. Just as there's no point lingering outside now that their training's finished. It's late, sure, but not too late for a snack, for some more bonding, while they have the time.

Done~
I am feeling such oppression
You can't tell me how to feel

Messages In This Thread
the wolves will always call you back - by Melita - 07-08-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: the wolves will always call you back - by Nate - 08-08-2020, 06:42 AM