pretty dresses
Noah
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
DELPHINE
I am a day dreamer,
and a night thinker.
Delphine smirked, as he gripped her waist. She knew she’d sold him on the dress, and she leaned into his hold, a smug look on her face, as she nuzzled into a very demanding Poe. It felt good—having him back on her shoulder.

As Noah bartered with the vendor, a little old woman who was clearly amused by the display of the couple in front of her—which meant she asked for far less than she could have, and offered a piece of advice to him— “The secret to a good relationship is a girl like that,” the old woman teased, chuckling as she nodded towards Delphine, who was telling Poe about the house they were living in. “You make her smile, and that’s a gift.” The old woman shooed him on.

Meanwhile, Delphine was nodding enthusiastically as the bird squawked, nonsense with actual phrases mixed in. “Well, I think you’ll like the house. You like Noah, right?” She drifted into quiet, as she tried to sort the bird’s emotions about the blonde-haired man. When Noah rejoined them, Delphine grinned upwards, “You know, if we could figure out a way to turn a part of the house into a warm enough room… I could grow medicinal herbs, those trade for a lot.” So did salves and various medicines, though.

And that took her to their next stop. She carefully folded the dress over her arm, “If I have to stay in Halo—“ Poe pecked her cheek, as if she was forgetting him, “—if we have to stay in Halo, we want to be able to trade our own stuff. It isn’t right that you’re trying to bring in enough to barter with for all of us.” When she says ‘stay in Halo’, she doesn’t sound upset or disinterested, simply stating it as a fact.

She’d never ask him to leave. “And… Poe will need somewhere that feels like this.” She commented, gesturing around them. “Maybe the typical warmth of the house will do—but he won’t be able to leave the house very often…” Poe squeaked his agreement, bobbing his head. Poe had been to Halo once and had almost frozen; she’d hated it, he’d hated it. But she had learned to adapt.

As if, maybe the ideas just occurred to her, she turned to study Noah, hazel eyes bright. “I know you were… okay with painting the house and rearranging the furniture, but… what if we add another room? Not for Poe—but so I don’t have to leave him alone so often to work… what if we add another room as an apothecary? Or—are there plans to rebuild the infirmary?” Just like with painting the house, Delphine got a look in her eye and a tone of voice that gave away how thrilled she was to talk the ideas through—thrilled to just have the ideas.

Messages In This Thread
pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-09-2020, 05:01 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Noah - 07-09-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-09-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Noah - 07-10-2020, 05:47 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-11-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Noah - 07-15-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-15-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Noah - 07-20-2020, 05:31 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-20-2020, 09:09 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Noah - 07-24-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: pretty dresses - by Delphine - 07-24-2020, 03:18 PM