Training I still remember the sun, always warm on my back
Hester!
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There's an art to life's distraction, to somehow escape the burning wait, the art of scraping through
The call of Ten! seems to echo through the icy shards made by the sea, freezing and shifting, though there is no sound to actually bounce around. Only an unanswered mental shout, Hester holding all her thoughts close to her chest in a tight grip, not letting herself reach out like she did last time, not wanting to risk revealing herself prematurely.

Much as she may want to peek, to look down over the sides of her raised up hiding spot, she holds fast, and waits silently, not moving, unsure of where the big cat was, where it could appear from. Once or twice, she even looks up, afraid she'd somehow left herself open for ambush from above. It isn't until the single word rings out in her mind that she starts to relax a touch, her attempts at misdirection apparently successful, judging by how distant Chulane's mental voice sounded.

Still though, Hester keeps silent, doesn't reach out. It's not that she thinks it's some kind of trick, she simply knows if she were to speak up now, she wouldn't be able to silence herself again. So it's more waiting, her ears flicking, listening to the faintest scrape of paw pad on ice, for the creaking of a body moving over the frozen wasteland.

Hah! Not the most elegant noise of delight, but it's the first one that leaves Hester, as she stands, slides her way down the short pillar she'd been hiding on. Hooves are not necessarily made for such terrain, but they don't hinder her descent at least, and in a moment she'd bouncing up to the big cat, horned head held high, a cheeky tongue sticking out of her mouth. I didn't think I'd get one over on you. She admits lightly, leaning in to tap her head against Chulanes. Do you want to do another round?
Hester

Messages In This Thread
RE: I still remember the sun, always warm on my back - by Hester - 08-14-2020, 06:57 AM