Training In an isolated system, entropy can only increase
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Samuel
Hope for the best
Prepare for the worst
If Sam were bolder, he would have pointed out it was likely he'd be much better equipped to give a good answer without being straddled on and previously stabbed, but he didn't dare to anger Wessex further. Lips moving as he struggled to find the right words to please her, he tried to stop, take a (metaphorical) breath and think genuinely, honestly: lying was likely to get him in more trouble later, so he supposed he may as well try out the truth.

"I...I understand that I am a part of our family and that I shouldn't have tried to leave." He started, voice shaky but genuine. "I...un-understand that I should never try to hurt the Ascended - which I haven't. I never meant to hurt anyone." Whether or not she'd believe that (or if it mattered to her) was another matter he supposed, but it was true: While plenty of his attempts to fix things had gone badly, he had never gone into anything with the intention of harm to Ascended nor anyone else.

"I think..understand, that the Voice has a good idea for the future. That we've already done useful things like the portals. That...sometimes she makes mistakes, like anyone else, but that she is far more merciful than any of the other Gods." Unsure of what else to say, Sam looked up to Wessex, hoping that would satisfy her.

Wait all your life to see what you see

Messages In This Thread
RE: In an isolated system, entropy can only increase - by Samuel - 07-27-2020, 04:37 PM