Personal Quest [Seasonal Event] early morning predators
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
It was a relief to feel the fox press against him: somewhere, in his mind, Rory was still acutely aware of the fact that there was a human mind beneath the white fluff and behind the blue, blue eyes, and knowing that made him wary of overstepping boundaries.

But then and there, it seemed to have been the right thing to do.

Then Vai was leaning down over the fox, and Rory's fingers—on the hand not keeping up pressure on the wound—dug through fur to work gently against its skin. He had watched a couple of magical mendings before, but it never ceased to amaze him. Vai's hands lit up, and even though they were not focused on him, he still felt the gentle warmth radiating from them. It was soothing, in so many ways.

After a couple of moments he dared to release the pressure he'd kept up, and balled up the bloodied scarf before depositing it on the snow next to him. The magic was truly amazing—while it wouldn't wash the blood out of its fur, it knit the flesh and veins back together, and Rory's eyes could see it all.

"Thank you," he said when she was done, and he meant it. He couldn't really figure out why it had gotten so badly to him—the guilt, the worry—but at least it was letting go of him. Sniffling a little, for the cold helped to make his nose run, he shuffled around so he sat facing Remi instead, but with the fox still on his lap, unless it decided to take off. Without really noticing he ran his fingers through the fur, avoiding the shoulder but occasionally pausing to scratch along the jaws and throat. "I can go look for firewood," he volunteered, though truth to be told, he was loathe to let go of the fox—but he was worried about Remi too, and very much wanted to help in getting him thawed out. "While I've never seen this particular thing happen before, well.. it's Caido. Strange things happen here. Since he's still alive he ought to be alright once it lets go of him." He ran the back of a bloodied hand across his face, mostly to wipe away at his nose and eyes.

"What a mess this turned out to be, huh?"

Thanks for participating, I hope it was not boring at least <3 I figured we could try to wrap it up? I'm going to say some animals have been chewing on the offal from the deer but the bodies were mostly untouched (maybe someone had gnawed on a leg or so but they didn't manage to bring them down), so neither meat nor hide got ruined, really. I guess they'll pick them up on the way back eventually!

Vai's healing magic ought to heal most (like 90% at least?) of Jigano's wounds

Messages In This Thread
RE: early morning predators - by Jigano - 01-08-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] early morning predators - by Rory - 02-12-2019, 02:41 PM