Personal Quest [Seasonal Event] afire love
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires
He guessed that as long as the Spark Bird still appeared every ten-fifteen years, people stayed motivated to build its perch. You'd get to see it a couple of times in your lifetime, there was a reasonable certainty it'd come down—but now? With it not having been seen for over three decades? It was no wonder people had lost heart. Rory sighed and scratched Talys's forehead, mumbling nonsense to her about the fickle nature of mythical birds.

The first to approach him was a surprise. It was Sam, the shy bookmaker, a man Rory had absolutely zero reason to interact with ever, and whom he knew of only by reputation (and likely some common business associates, seeing as they both worked with leather). "Sam!" he greeted the other with pleasant surprise. "And it seems like I am, for lack of others. Your help would be most welcome. Perhaps—" But whatever he had meant to say was lost as a youthful voice cried out in greeting, and Rory fell silent, looking in the general direction of the call.

Ah—it was Melita, followed by one of those demon gourds. She seemed untroubled by it though, so Rory merely frowned at it, his attention instead moving to Amalia, who suddenly was on the other side of his horse. And what had she done to her arm? "Hello," he responded, allowing Melita to come closer; her eager questions answered by Amalia, and Rory smiled a little. The greatest perch? My, she was aiming high, but he had no problems with that.

Ronin was the last to complete their group, for now, and Rory laughed slightly at his comment. "Your help would be appreciated," he told the man. So: three Naturals, two Outlanders. Could they lay the foundations for a perch worthy of the bird?

Maybe. And in this particular endeavor, they couldn't exactly steal the reward as the assassin had done at the Festival of Light.

"But first, introductions. I'm Rory, and this is Amalia, Sam, Ronin, and, uh.. I don't think I caught your name?" he said, pointing to each in turn, Melita last. "And I figure we'd best start with getting the main pole up for the perch, but I think we need some slimmer logs to build supportive struts. Legend has it the bird is very large, and it'd be a bit of a bummer if it came down and then snapped, or felled, the perch... Amalia and Ronin, perhaps you could take Talys—" he pointed at the black pony, trusting Amalia more than Ronin, and also trusting the pony to just go home if they lost her "—and go find something for that? I think there's a logger's axe there somewhere. The rest of us can stay and try to work on getting the center pole up. Or?"

Rory normally wasn't one to take charge of things, but Sam was an unknown rumored to be terminally withdrawn, Amalia.. he didn't know how practical she was; Ronin and Melita were both outlanders, and though Ronin looked capable enough he had no real idea what they were trying to build.

So...

So Rory put forward his ideas and pretended he knew what he was talking about.

There's still one spot left, if anyone wants to join!

You're very welcome to take your own initiative with what to do, I don't know how to build a perch T_T Basically I think his plan is to build a T-shaped perch with the supports going from the ends of the top bar on the T to the bottom, so they'd be like a V, to help balance the top bar. Idk if we should maybe make an inverted V that balances it back/front as well? *beardstroke* (Yes this is Neo overthinking mythical bird perches since 2019)

Materials and tools on site: Shovels, heavy stones for supports, some thicker-ish logs (suitable for the perch), some rope, hammer, axe, nails - and probably other things I've forgotten about!

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] afire love - by Rory - 01-08-2019, 10:06 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Samuel - 01-08-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Melita - 01-08-2019, 11:31 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Amalia - 01-09-2019, 04:28 AM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Ronin - 01-09-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Rory - 01-16-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Ronin - 01-17-2019, 05:54 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Melita - 01-19-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Amalia - 01-22-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Samuel - 01-24-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] afire love - by Remi - 01-24-2019, 07:47 PM