not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
tell me Atlas what is heavier?
the world or its peoples hearts?
A wry, appreciative grin pulls at Harper's lips. "That's my kind of therapy too. I've been there a few times, it's a great place." While he had a few created and collected items in his personal room at the Halenani to workout with, nothing beats a punching bag when you need to get some frustrations out. Though he acquiesces eventually with a sheepish grin and a shrug of his shoulders at the man's teasing chastisement. But he holds his tongue temporarily, listening instead to what Sunjata says about Safrin while he mulls over what to say. It's guaranteed to be lengthy, and he doesn't want to interrupt the man before they even begin. "She is, yes. Has she always treated you well, then? I've only met her the once, and she was kind enough to spend as much time as I needed at my side, answering my questions." Which is more than enough to endear him to someone. "Ludo was not nearly so patient, though I wouldn't say it was a negative encounter. They were quite playful, for how serious the topic was."

Well, speaking of that topic...

"When I met Ludo, I asked if I would ever see my family again. Apparently Mort only holds Caido's souls. My first love and fiancee died in my arms in my home world, and I had promised her to see her again. That I'd love her forever, and we'd be united again. Knowing that was stolen from me...it was like losing her all over again." Though Harper is not ashamed of being a crier, the tears do not come this time. He drags a hand over his face all the same, cradling over his mouth for a moment as his eyes cast down to the ground. "I've been doing better, but...I've only just come out of that dark time. Only to be confronted with the realization that I am forming feelings for people here, which feels like a disgrace to her memory." Hand dropping away, he sighs and leans back against the wall fully, adjusting the guitar to his hip to do so. It feels just as cruel to have multiple people tugging at his heart; all different strengths and angles, but Harper has always loved too freely, too strongly. It's no real surprise that this problem afflicts him now. "And they are all so young. We had quite advanced science in my world, and knowing that their brains are not developed for another five years makes me feel sick and predatory. I don't know what to do, and I want to ask her but it feels so childish. Even if I ask about the scientific side, asking a god for advice on my love life seems pretentious." He doesn't mention that Phoebe is one of those people, aware of the history between her and Sunjata. If it comes up naturally later he won't mind, but for now he has already spilled more than enough for Sunjata to parse through.
Harper

Messages In This Thread
RE: not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night - by Harper - 07-24-2020, 03:52 AM