not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
tell me Atlas what is heavier?
the world or its peoples hearts?
"She was already imagining what my first form would take," he admits with a shy grin. Maybe she says that about any god-struck man new to her presence, but it had been a compliment all the same that she'd wanted to Attune him so early into their first meeting. "Though you make a strong argument, she'll likely praise you next time you see her for bringing someone into the fold." Harper has no qualms regarding Sunjata's favored status, only humored by the idea of Safrin's reaction to their unusual friendship. Is it too soon to call the man his friend? Harper certainly doesn't think so at least.

"Well I'll say it however many more times you need to sufficiently stroke your ego," Harper teases, white teeth flashing in the moonlight streaming through the window. It's a far calmer night than he'd first anticipated having. Resolution and guidance where previously there had only been chaos and doubt.

"But then I would be asking her to wait for me. I can't do that, and admittedly I have found myself jealous and angry at this older man for thinking he can insinuate himself into her life. And I am normally not a man of either emotion." A round about way of saying that, despite his misgivings, Harper doesn't want to wait. He won't admit it aloud, and it's exactly why this entire situation has become a mess beyond his abilities to fix. It all lies in his hands, and that makes it all the more frustrating when he doesn't know what action to take.

The news is unexpected, but pleasant, and Harper slaps the back of his hand eagerly against Sunjata's leg, face beaming. "Hell, dude, congratulations! I'm happy for you!" He only knows Nate in passing, and doesn't know Hotaru at all, but what does it matter? Sunjata has found his happiness again, enough to commit in a way he hadn't wanted to do with Phoebe. That's a big change, and one Harper is glowingly happy to see it firsthand. "I know things will be difficult, they already have been. And let's say I decided to be with her despite my age concerns; I know we would have to grow and change together. Kova and I did too. And I'm...I'm willing to try. You know? I want to make her happy." And saying it out loud, with the connotations it already has, is such a blow that he sags against the wall. Feeling overcome anew with this entire problem. "Maybe I won't, maybe she finds someone else. The possibilities are always endless. But it all starts with me. With my choice, with deciding if I'm okay with the years between us."
Harper

Messages In This Thread
RE: not in lone splendor, held aloft in the night - by Harper - 07-24-2020, 06:43 AM