in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet
open
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
“Yeh…” I saw blinking some stray sand and salt out’a my eyes. There are razor thin, shallow cuts on my cheeks where the leaves scratched me, but otherwise I’m fine. “Just some leaf-cuts. Nothin serious.” Shake it off, Raz, time is of the essence an’ all that. Takin’ the nails from Nate, I offer a tight-lipped smile. “Thanks. This is the last board, then I can help ya with the bags.” The work goes much more quickly with two people - so there’s that at least. My hands make the annual movements of battening down the hatches, my small pack of personal items waitin’ to be carried to Mik’s house on higher ground.

I help him put the last bags up, then throw the tools in the wheelbarrow. Just in time, it seems, as the waves comin’ up on the beach begin to get excessively big. I cross my fingers, grab my pack and take a kiss from my lips to the Hanged Man’s door. “Hang in there girl,” I whisper into the wind, before turning an’ helpin’ Nate get the stuff back up to Haulani as thanks.

(And yes, my bar is a lady, despite her name. My fool of a Pa wouldn't know a lady unless she sat on his face.)

- Fin!
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet - by Raza - 08-19-2020, 06:58 PM