Sheriff

Age: 39 | Height: 6' 5 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
CASSIUS
Strong Hands, Strong Mind, Strong Heart
Cassius stepped into what appeared to be a vacant shop. The counter rotted and broken just as the rest of the interior. A deep breath taken as his blue eyes carried over what used to be a general store, one owned by Miss Elanor.

Despite the diminished appearance, Cassius walked along hearing the echoes of a life that seemed so long ago.

The laughter. His eyes closed as his hand rested on the counter. A soft smile of recollection was given as he could hear Elanor imploring him to court a fair young woman who had arrived just a few days ago.

The scent of her pies and stews she always had waiting for him in the long winters...Cassius inhaled deeply as if tricking himself he could still smell the food and its comforts.

Staying in his patrols later than expected just to see Mina, the new hand Elanor spoke of, stacking away produce every night. Summoning the courage to step in and offer her help despite it not being part of his duties as a guard.

Of their courtship, and how every night he kept finding excuses to just happen to be in the neighborhood...

So much warmth, so much laughter, so much love was held in this place. Though as Cassius opened his eyes he saw only ruin. The echoes of the past silenced. Stepping out of the ruined shop, he turned and looked over the corridor, with its broken door.

His face etched with sympathy toward it, a hollow shell of a place once brimming with so much life. Than the further he thought, the more his features softened and his lips creased into a smile. He would bring the echoes of life back, not just here...but where only ruin had silenced it.

The world needed to become better, and rebuilding the shop into something to spearhead that effort would be the first order of business.

In time, notices were left along the settlement.

"It is easy to look around and feel loss. It's in the shells of buildings that once filled with life, and in the rotted ruins we have left behind. I don't have the answers as to why this happened, or how, but we will find out together. I promise you this. Before we do, before we can move forward, we must begin to rebuild. We must reestablish order, or chaos will consume us again.

So I ask you, any who would listen, to stand with me in bringing order back.  As far as I know, I am the last of my kind. The last of the remaining holders of law. That will be no longer. In the settlement, furthest to the west, you will find a shop with the door broken in half. Come there, any time, you will find me.

Sheriff Cassius Otto"

As the notices were placed, Cassius returned to the shop. It was well into the afternoon, early evening when the sun began to set, that echoes of his efforts could be heard by any who approached as he began to tear down its remnants. He knew nothing of the outlanders, and if any naturals would seize a chance to establish order once again...but it was a task he was ready to take on his own if need be.

{OOC}

Okay guys so, this is my first PQ and i'm really excited for a chance to form up a posse like a good old fashioned western. They'll be roughnecks, they'll be fair, but most importantly, they'll be enforcing the laws that will be established in order to preserve what good is left in this ruin, and give us a chance to establish order.

Including myself I will open three other slots to keep this small and intimate and quick moving, but I have every intention to grow, like any other law enforcement unit.

This PQ will see several practical challenges to your strength, endurance, and dexterity. As well as challenges to one's character. Cassius is your classic lawful good archetype, and will be looking to recruit those of a similar ilk, though exceptions will be made. So, let's have some fun and mount up!

1: Cassius
2: Lucas
3: Roana
4: Min

Messages In This Thread
Let's Ride - by Cassius - 01-09-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Roana - 01-09-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Min - 01-09-2019, 08:53 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Lucas - 01-10-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Cassius - 01-10-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Roana - 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
RE: Let's Ride - by Min - 01-14-2019, 07:46 PM