[SE-OPEN] what I might discover inside
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
May your past be the sound
It was a discussion that had turned into a topic he truly felt underqualified to even attempt to answer. Theological debates were all well and good when comparing Earth to Caido, but the gods here were hardly theological figures - they were real. It wasn't a debate of whether they existed or not here, it was a debate on whether involving oneself with them would lead to betterment or more damage in the long run. "You've not had much to do with them either, I take it?" He knew why Abandoned were called Abandoned - apparently the gods were jealous, or perhaps wary of magic naturally sprouting up in others, though he'd admit that he didn't quite understand why.

He kept digging, though he paused as he noticed the shovel Morgan wielded slowed, making the conscious effort to re-engage more wholly in the conversation, that had taken a more 'professional' turn. He felt like they'd both stepped out of the casual 'Morgan and Chuy' who'd greeted each other earlier had turned into 'Warden Aristomache and Chief Chulane'. He didn't mind it - his ever present sense of duty allowed him to easily shift into whatever version of himself was needed.

"Neron's actions are not something I blame on his Ascension, more a reflection of the kind of man he is." He spoke as if the man wasn't a friend, but almost a case subject in a scientific study. "Don't get me wrong, he made a stupid choice, that endangered the entire Citadel. But his Ascension was, to him, a way to get out of a deal he never intended on keeping, perhaps because he couldn't bear the thought of giving up an infant to the Eirachi? Or because he's selfish, and wanted all the grandeur while trying to dodge the hard work to get there?" He paused, letting his words just be for a moment. "History is written so that we might learn from it, that we might not repeat it.

"I can't, and won't, judge an entire race on the shitty choice of a single person. It's not fair to the majority, and you're right, Halo could be a lifeline for them, and they for Halo."
He sighed. "Neron's actions were unthinkable, but they happened all the same. And maybe true redemption is impossible, but does that mean we should deny him that chance altogether? Or anyone else for that matter?" To Chuy, it wasn't about being Ascended or anything else - it was about being a decent person.

"No matter which way you look at it, applying restrictions based on one's race is always going to negatively impact innocents. As much as I am for behaving proactively, in this I think we can only prepare for the worst to come - from any potential 'enemy' - and hope that no such horror ever comes to pass." It was... a lot, he knew, and not all of it perfect. He didn't like not having all of the answers, but she had asked him, and he hoped he gave her something to work from, at least.

--

A post in which Chuy talks far too much, lol.
of your feet upon the ground
CHULANE

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE-OPEN] what I might discover inside - by Chulane - 08-23-2020, 06:14 AM