The cure

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
Be not fearful. The light simply carries information, and the heat is a byproduct of that light. She said, lips still curved into a smile as her knowledgeable voice echoed in the small chamber.

More than possible. The Voice replied, her arms spreading wide. Inviting. Calming. Welcoming. Come to me Isla Lockwood. Be made complete. Be made perfect. Be made bright.

The Voice's arms, though semi-transparent as they might be, sparked slightly with electricity. Her smile widened, beatific and intelligent. As Isla stepped forward the Voice smiled reassuringly. This will not be without pain, but it will be temporary and then gone forever. I will be here with you for all of it. Be not afraid.

And with that, Isla would experience the worst pain of her life as the Voice's palms came together against her temples. Electricity would flair through her brain as her parietal lobe was all but completely fried. The benefit of this was the complete removal of pain. The downside of course was that it made other tactical senses a bit...flaky. But the calculus the Voice employed dictated that the sacrifice was worth it. While only seconds would have passed, for Isla the immense pain likely stretched the moments out into an eternity, but eventually the fog would lift and the ascended-in-progress would find herself utterly free of all physical suffering.

That was uncomfortable for you, but it is over now. I see that you are a medic Isla Lockwood. Would you like to remain conscious for the rest of this procedure?

Messages In This Thread
The cure - by Isla - 01-09-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: The cure - by the VOICE - 01-10-2019, 12:32 AM
RE: The cure - by Isla - 01-10-2019, 06:15 PM
RE: The cure - by the VOICE - 01-10-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: The cure - by Isla - 01-10-2019, 09:28 PM
RE: The cure - by the VOICE - 01-10-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: The cure - by Isla - 01-10-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: The cure - by the VOICE - 01-10-2019, 10:21 PM
RE: The cure - by Isla - 01-10-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: The cure - by the VOICE - 01-10-2019, 10:40 PM