And it feels like me on a good day [seasonal event]
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
He nodded at the admonition to be careful, hiding a wry smile. It was certainly his intention to not get into trouble! At least, nothing that he couldn't get himself out of. But the specification of Long Night had his expression falling into more solemn lines. He kept hearing warnings about it, but everything was so damnably vague it was hard to know just how bad it really was. Still, Amalia seemed less flighty than Sam, and now he had personal warnings from two native-born people. He really should start considering finding someplace to shelter besides his fox den...

Her question surprised a smile from the bard, and he tilted his head to the side as he turned his gaze to the luxere. "Miss it? Sometimes, I suppose... but I have been a wanderer and a bit of an adventurer all my adult life. Caido is new and exciting, still, and... it doesn't have the memories of those I have lost haunting it." He offered her a lopsided smile, making an effort to lighten the conversation by answering the first part of her question. "It was... bigger, there," he said, smile turning wry. "There was no barrier keeping anyone in. Not one made of force, at least. Politics could do so, and guards, and walls made by men... but if you were clever, or quick, or strong, you could usually find your way out of - or into - wherever you wanted to go." He nibbled his lip thoughtfully, looking around the dawn-gilded oasis and mentally comparing it to places he had known in the past. "The plants there are... bigger. Healthier. The animals, too. And there are many people who aren't human." He chuckled, giving a little shake of his head. "Most of my friends, in fact, weren't. Two legs, two eyes, a mouth, and a head... I think we all had that in common, at least. Isuma had four arms, though. It's a land of elves and dwarves and goblins as well as humans, and element-kin, and orcs and quite a bit in between. There are dangers - dangerous animals, brigands, monsters of all sizes... but usually only if you go out looking for trouble. There are small villages and large cities..." he trailed off, shifting as some of the dampness began to sink through his trouser leg. Blinking, he looked around at the warm light pouring like slow honey over the world as the sun crested the horizon. Realizing he'd been talking Amalia's ear off he gave her an apologetic smile.

"Ah... I'm sorry. I do tend to go on sometimes. Miss Amalia, would you let me help you pack up? Perhaps I can walk you back to the settlement, if you wouldn't mind the company?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: And it feels like me on a good day [seasonal event] - by Jigano - 02-08-2019, 03:29 PM