tip toe, got the know how to stay alive
open
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
After the first wave of monsoons die down and after the Sea Panter, I finally have a couple of days to check out the damage to the Hanged Man. I knew it was bad, but I didn’t know it was this bad. Cursin’ at myself, I grab some boxes an’ bags and set to putting away everything that can be salvaged. The booze is mostly okay, but the floor an’ the door will need replacing, the chairs are startin’ to mildew - at least those covered in cloth are, cause others have been thrown about an’ broken. I was plannin’ on makin’ an extension to this place, butane all I really think about is gettin’ it back in working order.

Slowly but surely, I move most of the inventory into my back room and storage closet - an’ as I do, the desk rattles the memory of a promise. Sighing an’ steppin’ around everything, I go to the drawer where I stashed Eloise’s envelopes and take them out, sittin’ on the corner of my desk. There’s my promise to her, an’ then there’s my promise to Jack. But they don’t have t’ be mutually exclusive. So I slide a finger under the sealant and open the envelope to read whatever ‘blackmail’ Eloise has.

Jack has a secret.

Okay, and…? Thoroughly disappointed in the lack of specifics, I scoff and open the second one. Same thing. All that for nothin'?

I rip it all up an' go to make a fire in a wastebasket, wonderin' all the while what kind of secret Jack could have that would be worth 'blackmailing' him over.
quid pro quo
ain't nothin in this life for free
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
tip toe, got the know how to stay alive - by Raza - 08-22-2020, 03:20 PM