SE - I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
I believe that dreams are sacred
He listened, and he swallowed down all the retorts he wanted to say, all the denials, the explanations, until she came to a pause on her own. He'd been learning about 'handling' those who were in a delusion, learning how to let them have their delusion (unless it endangered them). And he was coming more and more to the conclusion that Wessex was suffering from it too, from the same thing that he'd seen in others. The paranoia and fear that shook her was undeniable, and the mention of the Climb also triggered another line of thought in his mind, which he tucked away for later.

He'd be here, for her, in this moment. He could deal with the implications later.

"I found Auni in time, and he bonded to me." It was delivered simply, factually, calmly. The luxere bleated softly from his pile of blankets in the opposite corner, and he felt the swell of emotion rise up across the bond - the gratitude, the grief, the slight sense of confusion for what was happening in this moment. Chuy sent soothing notes back, and the beastling settled back down again.

"I've seen her," he admitted, not exactly buying in to her delusion, but not exactly denying it either. He had seen her, held her, confessed the true depths of his feelings to her, after she had died - all in a dream, where he wasn't sure where the lines of reality and pretend were. But he'd seen her, all the same. "Sometimes you can't always see her, but she's there all the same." He sighed, as he gave the woman a gentle squeeze - forgetting in this moment that as an ascended she probably barely felt it. "Say what you want Wessex. She'll hear it." I will, too.
Take my darkest fears and play them

Messages In This Thread
RE: SE - I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in - by Chulane - 09-19-2020, 05:36 AM