SE - I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
I believe that dreams are sacred
He almost goes to respond, to question what she says, but he catches himself just in time, belatedly realising that Wessex wasn't talking to him, but to Kia. He lets her, swallowing hard at each confession, each revelation, each remembrance of times past with the woman they both loved in their own ways.

And the Wraith spoke of the Climb, spoke of exploring, of wanting to take other people - and gods does he wish he had found other people, and then he hated himself for that thought, because it would've meant Kia not being Kia, it would've removed her choice, her freedom, her desire to explore and learn and discover. It was yet another part of her he loved, and yet if someone else had gone along…

Then someone else might be left without their lover at the end of the day.

He didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to do. What did one say when in this position, when presented with a delirious individual involved in the incident that led to your lover's demise? What could he do?

He took a deep, shaky breath in, and held onto the Wraith's hand.

"We're in for a rough time." He didn't want to dismiss her confessions with a 'we all make mistakes' comment, didn't want to make her feel like she said it all for nothing. Her words had weight, especially the words she just said to him, but he still floundered for a way to show her that.

Auni rose from his bundle of blankets, and tentatively approached the two who huddled together along the wall. With a soft bleat, he joined them, reaching to nudge the clasped hands with his nose. Despite everything, Chulane's expression softened some. "We'll get through it, though." He met her gaze. "We'll get through it, Wessex."
Take my darkest fears and play them

Messages In This Thread
RE: SE - I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in - by Chulane - 09-24-2020, 01:20 PM