it sounds an echo in my soul
Brecken Michaelis
The Lance

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE LION ISN'T SACRED WHEN NOT SLEEPING NEAR THE LAMB
The warning might have been given in fairness — still Brecken answered with a snort of laughter. Let them interpret that how they may; he had no doubt of his strength against a mere beast, even a beast so regal and so well-loved. Though he doubted many things, his own skill was never one of them — not in battle, at least. Brecken felt no desire to find Amaris on the business end of his lance, though. It was for her sake he arranged his face into a more respectful order, though his eyes flickered over the shape of the dragon out on the air. What thoughts did they share? What thoughts did it give her? Was she never tired by it, annoyed by it, having something else so alien so close inside her skull? Brecken had long ago given up understanding dragoons, but this particular woman was much closer to him than any dragoon, and so he had to wonder. What compelled a person..?

He was distracted, anyway, by her answer to his own question. This also prompted a gout of laughter, but a gentler one. The laughter of a comrade, who, despite the words, settled his lanky frame down next to her at the suggestion her body spoke in silence. Perhaps he overstepped; perhaps he didn't care. What else did he have to do, finding his chosen haunt occupied? Retreat? Feign an errand elsewhere? He didn't particularly like the sound of either option at the moment. "Is it?" Brecken said lightly, maybe even teasingly. "Here I thought you joined up because life as a Dragoon wasn't exciting enough for you." A question lingering in the slight tilt of one eyebrow, in the sideways glance he cast at her. He knew very little of Amaris, though to be fair he knew very little about most people. Enough to get along with, certainly, but when it came to the faces they wore in private, the reasons they tread the paths they did? Brecken was often uninterested, or unwelcome. In the Blade, at least, perhaps he felt something of a kindred spirit even if she was, literally speaking, two people.

A steady glance once more at the dragon, so effortlessly supported by wind. One distinct advantage: an enemy could never hope to keep them both in sight.
IT IS EVIL WHEN IT EATS UNLESS IT'S FEEDING FROM THE DAMNED.

Messages In This Thread
it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-07-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-07-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-08-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-09-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-09-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-16-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-20-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-27-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-29-2020, 05:31 AM