it sounds an echo in my soul
Brecken Michaelis
The Lance

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE LION ISN'T SACRED WHEN NOT SLEEPING NEAR THE LAMB
The conversation proved a pleasant surprise, moreso by the minute. Brecken had only hoped to find a moment of peace out on the cliffs. Such peace he rarely felt with company, but if he must have a conversation partner he suspected Amaris was among the better choices in Stormbreak. Words flowed easily from her lips, and expression flowed easily across her face. Pleasant - inviting. Nice to know at least one other member of the Order wasn't an unreachable genius.

Did he feel that way about the others?

"Ah, yes. Troublemakers can't cause trouble if they're missing their heads. He said this lightly, his gaze only flicking for a moment to the bright burst of flame from the dragon's maw. Was it showing off? Like a puppy too long ignored? Or maybe it behaved this way all the time and Amaris was simply used to it.

"You know," he says, "I never understood why we didn't have more soldiers among us." Us being the Order, of course. "Plenty of thinkers and planners, and I'm sure Cian could kill anything he wanted to, but some of the others?" A vague, semi-conspiratorial shake of the head. "We're surrounded by danger and heresy on all sides. Might as well meet it where it's born,not wait for it to storm our gates." Maybe he was sidestepping the unasked question, the and what brought you to the Order? But how else could he answer it? They had more power than the Dragoons, more certainly than any single man. Brecken was a chained dog waiting to be loosed at anything even remotely resembling vermin. He liked that about himself. If only everyone realized the value in his attitude.
IT IS EVIL WHEN IT EATS UNLESS IT'S FEEDING FROM THE DAMNED.

Messages In This Thread
it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-07-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-07-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-08-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-09-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-09-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-16-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-20-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-27-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-29-2020, 05:31 AM