it sounds an echo in my soul
Brecken Michaelis
The Lance

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
THE LION ISN'T SACRED WHEN NOT SLEEPING NEAR THE LAMB
But of course, that was what they were for — the two of them — such a paltry number when one paused to consider the world. Brecken possessed no shortage of confidence in his skills, but even he was no fool when it came to understanding the vastness of the world. And doing so only awoke in him a hunger, yawning and immense — a need to be out there, to be devouring it, reasserting their claim to righteousness. He laughed in answer to Amaris — not a mocking laugh but one of shared purpose. A purpose rarely asserted in the streets of Stormbreak.

Sometimes Brecken looked at them and found them so lacking.

"Of course," he agreed. "But the more the merrier, eh? I can't wait to be out of these walls." So he said, but a part of him would always love the surge of the sea, the glimmer and hum of the gods' breath all around him. It was, of course, this love which made him want to roam, this same love which drove him out beyond the walls in search of something to break apart. What was love for one's people, if it did not drive them to destroy all others?

"So easy to get complacent." This was, perhaps, the biggest sin one could commit — short of outright blasphemy. Brecken stood, remembering now the restless energy which had driven him down to the cliffs in the first place, and paced a bit up the walkway. "Do you think the wind here could support a person?" he asked, changing the subject entirely, though to him it seemed a natural progression of the conversation. He had heard things, and he could see the dragon held aloft with no effort on its part, but — Brecken considered. He had no desire to die in such a stupid way.
IT IS EVIL WHEN IT EATS UNLESS IT'S FEEDING FROM THE DAMNED.

Messages In This Thread
it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-07-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-07-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-08-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-09-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-09-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-16-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-20-2020, 07:38 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-21-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-25-2020, 03:00 AM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Brecken - 09-27-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: it sounds an echo in my soul - by Amaris - 09-29-2020, 05:31 AM