Mini Event (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"I saw water. And it helped me, which is why..." She trails off as Wessex leans against the support of the pillar, her throat clenching with complicated guilt. Black eyes hunt blue, looking for understanding that in this instance, they are on the same side. "I thought it would help, Wessex. I didn't... I didn't know."

The accusation is a slap in the face for the Shield, in part because it holds some truth. Given the choice between saving the Ascended but making the Voice stronger, or weakening the Voice at the cost of the Ascended, Amalia does not know what she would do. Her feet are on a path she does not fully understand, but has committed to nonetheless, leaving no room for error. It is a path that takes her further and further from the older woman who despite their differences the girl still loves.

It is a path that will lead them back together, she is sure, though not to reconcile.

"I'll... I'll try to help. I promise." Blinking back tears, Amalia gives Wessex's hand one last squeeze before stepping away. "I'm... I'm going to go now. Please stay safe, Wessex. I... I love you. And I'm sorry."

And then she turns to make a swift retreat before her tears have the chance to fall.

{fin}
make peace with your broken pieces

Messages In This Thread
(SE) like rats out of a sinking ship - by Wessex - 09-28-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: (SE) like rats out of a sinking ship - by Amalia - 10-10-2020, 05:29 PM