making me feel glad that I'm not you
For Morgan
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
"The fiercest battle..." Morgan paused, as if thinking about it, but really the answer came immediately to mind; she just had to consider how to speak of it. "A few years ago, there was a break out in Whitebrim. Several occupants headed towards the Citadel, armed and crazed." She had seen hunger in their eyes, a desperate and wild kind, as they had lurched towards the gates; it had made her stomach turn. "I was Captain of the Guard at the time and formed the first line of defense with my team, outside of the Citadel. It was a long fight, almost an hour. They just kept coming, and they weren't afraid to die." Her voice was not that of a solider proudly telling a bawdy war tale; she spoke with the quiet solemnness that befitted an event that had meant so many deaths. Stopping there, she glanced over to Saiden to see if he wanted her to continue.

Learning that this man had been in his old world (which made sense, really - she'd been struggling to think of many 'nobles' in Torchline), she nodded, but looked away with an eye roll as he touched his scar. "No. Do you ever turn off?"

As for his name suggestions...they did, unfortunately, draw a smile from her. "I'm not interested in fame, only what they might do for the sick."
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control

Messages In This Thread
making me feel glad that I'm not you - by Saiden - 09-28-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: making me feel glad that I'm not you - by Morgan - 10-05-2020, 05:13 PM