WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED?
Skylark > Skynet

Age: 34 | Height: Smol | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Riley - Mythical - Corgi
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
I love the Ascended! But I do think there’s a few points to be brought up. Feeling/Basics, upgrades/tech, restrictiveness.

I think that part of it is the whole not feeling and not having a lot of the basics that people do and the other races that can be daunting? Like, the uncertainty of what can and can’t be done that ultimately puts it on admins to have to think about and respond with. I know I asked a bunch of questions when I started with my Ascended and much of it I’ve just kind of made up which can be hard. Maybe it’s worth having all the people that’ve played Ascended kind of get together and create a common do and donts as an Ascended start guide in a sense?

Upgrades and tech can be a bit more difficult like Johnny pointed out, where some of them are just completely useless when it comes to it, but fit the character if that makes sense? I think maybe that req would be easier to accomplish for the PQ+ specific leveling if Ascended’s could maybe use stolen abilities to satisfy that req rather than just the tech/upgrades? It could work for their other leveling stuff too.

In terms of it overall, I guess it feels a bit more restrictive? I’m not sure it has anything to do with being the villains but I also think that a lot of people aren’t sure what can and can’t be done when it comes to the Voice and the Ascended which makes it hard to ask for or suggest ideas when they can range so wildly? Like, a shift for Sunjata is just… an animal. A magic usually is just a magic? But for the Ascendeds the tech can be almost anything and I know when I had Rex I struggled with that immensely on getting ideas. (following up on johnnys idea)

Maybe if they were a bit more laid out like… This level you get an offensive upgrade, this next one you get a passive or aesthetic one, this next one is a healing/supportive one it might make it easier for people to have a kind of guide to go off and see what fits their character the best so they can pose the ideas they have for approval?

Messages In This Thread
WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-08-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Oakley - 10-09-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Skylark - 10-09-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by lancydulac - 10-09-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:59 PM