WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED?
Bath Bomb Connoisseur

Age: 32 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 509
Sooo, I love Ascended, I got two of the nerds! They're my favourite race on the site and I really like the inclusion of something a bit more tech-y in the fantasy universe, it makes this interesting new vs old conflict.

The smut thing doesn't bother me too much; you can write smut with Ascended if you get creative and they do have the Boner Room~ I've never really seen them as 'baddies' strictly, maybe...misguided? But not exactly villains, so that doesn't bother me either. The Voice is my favourite Goddess so that's for sure not a problem.

The two things I would suggest for improvement are pretty similar to things Sky/Johnny have said:

1. It's difficult to level up when stuff is dependant on tech quests etc because there isn't much guidance on how you do that/where to find tech, and you have to go through an admin/mod to do it. Also, 'Tech focused PQs' are very difficult to get for levelling.

2. While the Ascended do have a general set of plans (or at least, the Voice does) and they occasionally get more short term goals, I think knowing what the Voices 'endgame' and overall plan looks more like would help. I get that her being secretive is cool and mysterious, but playing an Ascended your character gets a lot of questions that are difficult to answer, and without a definite way to respond or motivation for your character to proceed, it can kind of hit on your motivation to play them.

I do also think, and this isn't really a problem anyone can 'fix', but they're a bit more lore-intensive and have more limitations than other races, so people are less likely to choose one, especially if they're just joining the site. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about that one, really.

Maybe some little fine tuning would be useful, but I think the Ascended are really interesting and I love playing my two and the ideas/concepts that come up from it.

Messages In This Thread
WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-08-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Oakley - 10-09-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Skylark - 10-09-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by jyawnee - 10-09-2020, 12:45 AM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:14 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Chan - 10-09-2020, 03:30 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by lancydulac - 10-09-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: WHY NO LOVE FOR THE ASCENDED? - by Odd - 10-09-2020, 03:59 PM