Midnight Healing
for Vervain
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Vervain was used to the comings and goings of her husband by now; often at night she would wake to find him at her bedside, or just ghosting back out of the door. While it brought her little peace to thing of him wandering the world outside alone, especially when the snow had begun to fall, she knew better than to cage the man who had spent so long in one that it had almost seemed a part of him.

No, let Dev have his freedom and the little peace this place had granted him. Sleeping alone was a small price to pay in comparison. On this particular night she had retired to bed early, exhausted for a reason she had yet to determine, and she only stirred when he had already scooped her up into his arms. When she did awaken it was with every muscle held tense, a hand already reaching for a weapon she no longer felt the need to sleep with, until the low rumble of a voice reached her ears.

Trust me.

"Always." Exhaling softly, she let her head loll against his shoulder, her dark curls all a'tumble about her face. A sleepy smile curled across her lips as they headed outside, her blanket snug about her and the cold standing little chance against the thick fur that cradled her close. She had questions, of course she did, but Vai didn't care to ask them. She was content to nestle into Dev's warmth, into the steady thrum of his steps, and her eyes had already slipped closed again as they left the Sanctuary.

Only when the snow-blank land grew dense with the woodlands did she stir, Vai blinking her eyes open in time for the cabin with its porch and wicker chairs and steps to appear. She sat up ever so slightly, drinking in the sight of the place even as Devrum struggled with the front door (she couldn't hide her giggling at that). "Home... it's been a long time since I had one of those."

Allowing herself to be settled in the rocking chair, she nodded obligingly to him and left him to potter through the cabin, blue eyes tracking each new feature of the place as it was revealed in the rustic glow of fire and lamplight. "Dev, this is..." Perfect. It was the only word that gave it justice, but before she could say it aloud he was before her, Vai grazing her hand gently across the back of his own.

"Hey, now..." She chided softly at his sentimentality, though the sweetness of her smile told that it was appreciated. Meeting his kiss without hesitation, she reached up to cup his cheek in one hand, the other looping gently around his neck.

"Just living. I think I can manage that." She sighed contently.

vervain
touch-a touch-a touch me
I wanna be dirty

Messages In This Thread
Midnight Healing - by Devrum - 01-16-2019, 06:27 PM
RE: Midnight Healing - by Vervain - 01-19-2019, 10:25 PM