Personal Quest rivers belong where they can ramble
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Watching the burros work made Juniper smile. They were so cute! You know, when they weren't causing environmental destruction. Then they finished up and turned to her expectantly.

Well, she had promised them treats. She handed out Loren's fruit and honey as well as most of her own snacks, trying to make sure the burros didn't feel cheated, but weren't completely satisfied, either. After all, she still had to convince them not to make tunnels here in the future. She doubted their memories were long-term enough to remember something like "if you tunnel somewhere else, I'll bring you food every week" -- and besides, that would become quite an obligation in and of itself.

Instead, when she was not-quite-done giving out snacks, she said, "OK, good job, everyone! You've done really well. But while I go get my special extra tasty snacks, I need to know that you won't be digging here anymore, all right? So why don't we all move away from the river? That way, your tunnels won't collapse again, either."

Taking the last of her own fruit and nuts, she started to try to lead the burros away into the woods, vaguely in the direction of Sidhe Village. She wasn't lying, of course -- if the burros followed her, she would go back to the village and find them something extra nice to eat.

---------

Juniper is leaving trying to get the burros to follow her in the direction of Sidhe Village on the promise of extra delicious snacks from home!

As usual: Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
rivers belong where they can ramble - by Loren - 10-18-2020, 10:57 PM
RE: rivers belong where they can ramble - by Juniper - 10-23-2020, 01:31 AM