(open) I have traveled 'cross this country wide
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
even when i was a child
i’ve always known there was something to be frightened of
Wessex is not the only one looking for unicorns.

The task given by Frey is one she would have relished under other circumstances, but now as Amalia stands in the Outskirts she feels only heavy anxiety and mourning as a weight upon her chest. She hadn't intended to come back here so soon, this place she called home for so much of her life. It's a part of her she's had to shed, just like so many other things lately, and as with all the changes she's undergone the Shield isn't sure she really understands what it will mean for her, yet.

For now, the girl has a task. She's brought sugar cubes and apples and Jyoti for support, the small whale humming low notes that should be discordant, but from her are music. Amalia hums as well, the pair of them creating a patternless melody as the Shield reaches out with her mind, searching for sign of the unicorns.

It isn't the unicorns she finds first. It's an all-too-familiar figure, one she would recognize at any distance, who she once knew as well as her own family. Freezing in her approach, Amalia stares a second at the back of Wessex's head, torn between stepping closer and running far away. It is Jyoti who makes the decision for her, the small whale flying forward, a note of greeting accompanied by starlight as she regards the woman for whom her bonded has such complicated feelings.

Clearing her throat uncomfortably, the barefoot baker lets her eyes drop to the ground before returning to the Wraith. "Wessex. Are you well?" Of course she is - if the Voice were to cure anyone, it would be her favored child - but Amalia can think of nothing else to say, her voice suddenly dry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) I have traveled 'cross this country wide - by Amalia - 10-22-2020, 08:45 PM