(open) I have traveled 'cross this country wide
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
even when i was a child
i’ve always known there was something to be frightened of
A frown slashes through Amalia's mild expression, but she makes no retort to Wessex' chastising. Instead she turns her face toward the conspicuously silent woods, teeth worrying on her lips as the tentatively positive interaction she'd hoped for turns decidedly sour. The frown deepens to a scowl as the Queen sharpens her words, an uncalled for venom lashing out to further wound the Shield. Her fingers clutch the grass braid tighter, bruising the leaves as she clenches her fist.

Then Wessex tries to change the subject, and it's the final blow for the Shield. "Good luck," she replies blandly, trying to ignore the ache in her chest, the mourning for something that will never be again. Abruptly Amalia stands again, extending her hand for Jyoti to join as she prepares to walk away.

"You know, Wessex... I always admired your conviction. And your honesty, and your willingness to stand by your decisions and what you believed in." Onyx eyes flash with anger as she looks down at the Wraith, anger honed by clarity, the ache of a child seeing her heroes for the flawed mortals that they are. "You don't want equality. You want superiority. You want your so-called goddess and your race to rise above all others, undoing the work of the Old Gods, and you want to be at her right hand when she does it. And even though I'll never agree with you, I respected your conviction. Your honesty."

Turning back towards the way she came, Amalia inhales a sharp breath. "Keep saying you want equality if you want, Wessex. The only person you're fooling is yourself."

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) I have traveled 'cross this country wide - by Amalia - 11-11-2020, 06:12 PM