See in the World what you Carry in your Heart
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind
Aurelia had already figured out that this world's rules and politics would be starkly different from her own. So, when she asked, she knew that she had a complicated answer coming to her. The haul of information she was still digesting didn't deter her from seeking more, however. There was much to learn about Caido. When Gideon told her it was not a simple question, she replied with "I've got time." Otherwise, she listened intently until he had finished.

New Gods and Old Gods didn't get along, apparently. Of course, then, neither did their followers. Aurelia couldn't really understand that kind of standing. This reflected in the way her expression contorted with confusion. Even if Gods in this world were real, even if they could do terrible and incredible things with the snap of their fingers... weren't their battles best left between them?

Still, she listened to Gideon's words, which became a bit ranty in the middle. He clearly held disdain for the Ascended, with their inhuman qualities. Aurelia herself wasn't too sure how she felt about it, having never seen something like that.

"I see..." Aurelia mulled over the facts, pausing along the wall of the cave they'd entered to look over at the man that walked with her. She lifted up an elbow to lean against the wall and said, "where I come from, which is way different from here, magic was made illegal. I used to, uh," she paused, hesitating, but figured he would not be too upset by the fact. She cleared her throat and continued, "I used to be a bounty hunter for those caught breaking the law. If something like an Ascended were to suddenly exist in my world..." she shook her head, raising her eyebrows, "they'd never be accepted. I'm having a hard time getting used to the magic-users here myself. My first instinct is to.... do what I've been trained to do."

She narrowed her gaze quizzically and went on to ask, "but what I'm wondering is, how could you make a difference fighting - or whatever this is - on behalf of a God? Wouldn't anything you do be... insignificant? I mean, in comparison to what they can do. Why don't they just... I don't know, smite these 'Ascended' and be done with it, if they're so bad?"
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: See in the World what you Carry in your Heart - by Aurelia - 11-05-2020, 08:30 AM